By registering for any Thames Hospice event you agree to the below Terms and Conditions:
The Big Mountain Challenge Terms and Conditions
The Terms and Conditions detailed below apply to all riders participating in The Big Mountain Challenge 2022 taking place in Annecy France, 16-20 Sept 2022 (“the event”). Completion of an Event Registration Form or purchase of an entry by (or on behalf of) the rider/participant (“you”) acknowledges acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. The “organiser” means Thames Hospice of Windsor Road, Maidenhead, SL6 2DN UK Registered charity 1108298.
- You accept that the event you are entering is not a race in any format. Neither finishing positions nor timings will be recorded.
- You are fully responsible for your actions whilst attending the event. This includes at the event accommodation and during the ride itself. The organiser does not accept responsibility for your actions nor their consequences.
- Riders must be over the age of 18.
- You must wear a safety-approved cycling helmet complying with latest EN1078, ANSI Z90/4 or SNELL standards during your participation in the event. Any rider not wearing a helmet will be disqualified from the event and could be liable for damages if involved in an accident on that basis. You must accept this as a condition of entry.
- You confirm that the cycle/bike you are riding for the event and all of your equipment is of a suitable standard and state of trail/roadworthiness, in particular, the ability to complete the longest distance.
- You store and transport your equipment entirely at your own risk. Ensuring your bike equipment is fully locked when not in use is your own responsibility.
- You confirm that you are responsible for all of your own kit including wet/cold weather clothing and any equipment required for the safe operation of your bike.
- The organiser reserves the right to refuse entry to the event to anyone with inappropriate equipment or clothing.
- Upon signing the Event Registration Form or purchasing an entry, you agree that you undertake thorough pre event training over the required distances as required and that you are physically and mentally capable of riding the distance you have chosen. If during the event you decide to change the route or distance, you do so at your own risk.
- During the event, there will only be permanent government public highway safety signage on display. No special event warning signs will be used. We are supplying a suggested route and logistical support and you participate entirely at your own risk.
- The organiser reserves the right to shorten or alter the published route at any time. You do not have the right to claim a refund if the route is shortened or altered.
- If you fail to complete the course for any reason, you agree to return to or call the event centre before the close of the event and report to a member of staff. Not doing so will mean that a search may be organised and the subsequent cost will be billed to you.
- You are requested to ride in single file where appropriate and no more than 2 abreast at any time. Please be aware of your fellow cyclists, other road users, and any other traffic and always indicate your intention to stop or change direction.
- You must adhere to and obey the French Highway Code, local bylaws and the laws of France and extend all reasonable courtesy to other road and off-road users.
- You must be considerate to other users of bridleways, tracks, byways and public ways when riding off-road. Upon seeing other users, such as horse riders, walkers, farm traffic, and other cyclists, you are required to slow down and pass with care. Where appropriate, you should stop and wait at the side of the route for other users to pass safely.
- You must not drop or leave any litter on any part of the route but dispose of it responsibly at an appropriate place or bin. Any rider found littering will be disqualified from the event.
- You are expected to respect the roads, villages and countryside that the event travels through. It should be remembered that this is both a working landscape and home to many communities. If you stop for a comfort break you are asked to do so discretely and appropriately and not to cause any offence to local residents or other riders.
- You will be fully responsible for any fees or costs incurred or arising from an accident either involving or caused by you. This includes, but is not exclusive to, fees from Police, Air Ambulance, Fire and Rescue and the Ambulance service. If the situation arises that you are not capable of making the decision to call the emergency services, you agree that a member of the organiser’s team or a member of the public may call on your behalf. In this situation, you still accept the costs and consequences of such actions. The organiser will remain responsible for any injury/death caused by organiser's negligence, fraud or direct misrepresentation.
- You accept full responsibility for any fees or costs incurred or arising from the need for repatriation.
- Participation in the event is at your own risk.
- The organiser strongly recommends each rider organises their own personal insurance cover.
- It is a condition of entry for events outside of the United Kingdom that you have purchased a suitable level of travel insurance to cover the potential activity and liability involved.
- By participating in the event, you confirm and agree that the organiser and third parties authorised by us may record you via photographs, film, audio, audio-visual or other recordings, still or moving, during the event (“Recordings”). We shall own all rights in such recordings and you hereby (i) assign to us any and all present and future copyright, performance rights and any other right, title and interest in and to the Recordings and you hereby waive the benefit of any law known as “moral rights”; (ii) agree that we may use the Recordings for any purpose at our sole discretion including in any marketing and/or publicity materials, and on any website and social media; and (iii) agree that the Recordings may be altered, edited and/or modified (e.g. combined with other images, text, graphics and/or sound). You hereby release us from any and all liability from such use and promotion and specifically waive any right to any compensation you may have for appearing in any of the Recordings. Should you wish not to be included in such recordings, please notify the organiser in writing.
- Event entry fees cannot be refunded or transferred under any circumstances.
- The organiser reserves the right to cancel the event or part thereof due to extreme weather conditions, acts of God, severe industrial action and other disruptive events outside of our control that would heavily impact the operational viability and/or safety of the event. If the whole or part of the event is changed or cancelled for these reasons you are not entitled to a refund.
Your Personal Information
- The cost per person is £395 plus flights plus minimum fundraising of £995 Total: £1,390
You agree that if you don’t achieve the minimum sponsorship of £1,390 by 30th October 2022 you will personally fund the remaining balance.
*Additional cost: Return flights to Geneva (approx..price £150 inc. cycle carriage, based on available fares at time of publishing)
For riders/participants who purchase accommodation, the organiser will provide overnight hotel accommodation, daily half board (breakfast and dinner) during the event. In addition the organiser will provide guided daily cycle rides as set out at www.thameshospice.org.uk/bigmountainchallenge with minibus support and refreshments. For riders/participants who only purchase the ride only package, the organiser will only provide daily cycle rides as set out at www.thameshospice.org.uk/bigmountainchallenge with minibus support and refreshments. The organiser will not be responsible for providing any cycling or safety equipment required by riders/participants for the event, nor bike transportation, travel insurance or anything not specifically outlined in the event packages.
- Flights/transport to and from the event are to be paid and organised by you, however we will provide a transfer service between Geneva airport and the appointed event hotel on 17 and 21 Sept. A list of flights to and from Geneva airport that will be serviced by the transfer service will be provided.
- This agreement will be subject to the jurisdiction of English courts